Monday, August 10, 2009

Good Design

Qantas A380 Economy Seat


I drew my influence for my Good Design poster from previous Qantas print advertisements, to give it that genuine professional look. Overall, I found the Qantas A380 Economy Seat to be an extremely well designed product. It's clear there has been great research put into almost every aspect of the seat, from it's state of the art entertainment system with 10.6” wide-screen monitor to its innovative netted "footnet" for ultimate leg support and comfort. I would be very happy to fly economy class on the Qantas A380 and sit in one of these magnificently designed seats.

I learned from the Good Design analysis task that it isn't as easy as it seems to analyse only aesthetics of the design rather than the functional and technical aspects. I found initially analysing the qualities such as line, colour, balance to be very difficult, however once I had done a few it became more easier. I also found that there are many small details that we usually skip over when first looking at a product, I found many beautiful and innovative parts to this seat I was unaware of when first looking at it.


http://www.designawards.com.au/application_detail.jsp?status=2&applicationID=4871&year=2009

No comments:

Post a Comment