Monday, August 31, 2009

Project 1: Experience Enrichment

Final Mood Board


Original/final design Poster

Other Design Poster


My product is a new kind of drink bottle aimed at children ages 2-12, to encourage them to drink water. It provides a substitute for the unhealthy additives in coloured drinks, as they are drinking from a coloured bottle rather than a coloured drink. The bottle is made from a silicon material making the texture "squishy" (as the name suggests) with its bright colours and this fun to touch texture it makes kids see the fun and pleaure in enjoying water. I've designed two types of the bottle, one with a smooth texture called "Squishy" and the other with soft rounded rubber spikes called "Spike", these names are easy for children to say and remember as they describe the texture of the bottle in their own words. The screw on lid has been designed to be not only unique compared to conventional bottle lids but also comfortable and ergonomical for a child's mouth; making them wants to suck on it. A rubber lid case keeps the lid hygenic, because of its round shape kids want to play with it, throwing, bouncing, squeezing so a lid protects it from dirt and muck.

With our current high levels of obesity in children in Australia we need to start making postive and healthy steps to encourage healthy drinking and eating from a young age, so they can continue these healthy habbits for life.

Peer Comments:

Emily Soares
Alissa Sanders
Stephen Mesa
Nickolas Walker
Stanley Wong

5 comments:

  1. The squishy and spiky surfaces are very fun especially for your target market. I strongly agree with your ideology pleasure analysis as there are too many obese children at such a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like how you've changed the design of a normal water bottle for kids and turned it into a more playful and fun yet unique object for children to use. The choice in colour as well as the texture look added to the overall design appeal. I myself particularly liked the purple spiked colour with the yellow top- complementing each other which was a stand out from the rest. One thing that could be improved upon is maybe the packaging of it i.e. how a child would store the bottle in his/her bag without it taking up much space.

    Personally i could see my little sister using it :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I'm a little out of the target market but can I have one? Please.
    It's just so different from the usual boring water bottle. The playful design is something which could really help draw in the younger market and get their diet started on the right track. The only suggestion I'd like to make would be to weight the bottom somehow in order to keep the bottle upright when it's not being used.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I have a Spike?
    The water bottles are a fantastic idea with great execution. I really like the colours, styles and responsibility taken to make kids healthier. My only query is are they strong enough to withstand being used as a soccer ball? If so you could combine healthy diet AND exercise!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great idea and positive approach towards healthier and more active children. The colours are great and really complement the shape and purpose of the bottle. I know my nieces would go nuts over something like this.

    ReplyDelete